What is a skill set?
Skill sets are roles that you need on a job. For instance, you need 2 chefs and 3 waiters. Chefs and waiters would be skill sets.
How are skill sets used?
In order to sign up for shifts, your workers on Schedulehead must be assigned at least one "skill set." Then when creating shifts (or jobs) you post what you need of each skill set.
EXAMPLE: Worker Zach signs up for your company. You assign him the skill set of "waiter." If this is his only skill set, then he'll only be able to signup for shifts that need waiters.
A worker may have more than one skill (perhaps someone can be both a waiter and a bartender) and therefore see jobs that contain either one or both of those needed skill sets.
TIP: When you create a skill set for a shift, you are telling Schedulehead that you want it to find someone to work that is marked as having that skill set.
Editing skill sets:
To see what skill sets your company has, go to the Toolkit tab, then click on Workers.
Clicking on a Skill set will give you these options:
- On/Off Switch - This tells Schedulehead if you want your new workers to start with this Skill set. Turning it off or on won't affect your current workers, only new ones.
- Delete - This completely removes the Skill set. This Skill set will be removed from all of your current workers. If this skill set is already on an shift, it will remain there. It won't remove those workers signed up, but will prevent you from using this skill set in the future.
- Give To Everyone - This gives the Skill set to all of the workers in your company.
- Remove From Everyone - Remove this Skill set from all of the workers in your company.
- Click on the name of the skill set to rename it
- List of all workers that have this Skillset
If you want to manage a specific worker's Skill sets, click on their name in the list or on the list on the Workers section of the Toolkit tab. Here you will be able to assign to them (or remove from them) the various Skill sets.