Gridview is a spreadsheet based scheduling tool. It allows you to manually schedule your workers.
Here's an example:
Grid View shows you several types of shifts (as shown in the above key).
- List View Shift - These are created and modified in List View, and are read-only in this view
- List View Repeating - A normal list view shift, but one that recurs on a regular basis
- Grid View Shift - A normal shift created in Grid View
- Time Conflict - Indicates the worker is working on a conflicting shift
This is what you will see at the top of the table. This shows a few simple things.
- First, it shows the day of the week and the date.
- Second, it shows the estimated total number of hours from all workers that day.
- Finally, it shows the number of workers total that day.
Along the left side all of the currently active workers will be listed out. This shows a few details as well.
- First, the name of the worker is shown.
- Second, the estimated total number of hours per week is calculated.
- Last, the total number of shifts that person is on is added up.
This is what a shift looks like on the Grid View itself. It tells you a couple quick details about that person and the shift.
- start time and end time if there is one
- estimated total hours for that shift
Creating/Modifying Grid View Shift
Creating a new GridView based shift is very easy. You simply click on an empty square and it brings up the above box.
The first thing on the left side of the box is the location. The location allows you to enter and save a new location or to select a saved location from your list.
Skillset is at the top right. This dropdown has a complete list of all skillsets with your company. Any skillsets that the worker has are marked with an asterisk, (*). If you select a skillset that the worker does not have, the skillset will be given to the worker when you click on create.
3. Start Time and End Time
The start time is very easy to set. You can either use the arrows or manually type the time in. Start time is required, but an end time is optional. You set the end time by first clicking on the "End Time?" checkbox, then setting the time just as you did with the start time.
4. Worker Specific Comments
This box at the bottom allows your to attach a comment to only this worker's GridView Shift. This could be anything from an itinerary to reminders not to forget something.
5. Final Step
Once all of this is done the final step is to click Create.